We are seeking a Linux / Middleware Engineer to help our client’s project. The scope for this role is the Linux RedHat upgrade. There are currently over 300 servers that required upgrades to the operating system. These severs host several legacy applications/middleware. Consideration needs to be given during the upgrade process as to upgrade path.
Your responsibilities will include through the upgrade process, where necessary with developers, to upgrade the OS and applications accordingly in the preproduction environment and documenting detail designs where changes to the environment have been made.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience with middleware products such as IBM WebSphere Software and DataPower appliances
- Fluent with RedHat versions 6 and 8 operating systems
- Previous experience with Containerisation on Open Shift platform and Kubernetes
- Preferably an understanding of IAM SSO, TLS security and best practice security models
- Preferably a good understanding of Java applications, architecture, integration, and their principles
What's in it for you:
- Contract till June 2023 + Likely extension
- Porirua location with free parking
- Work from home flexibility
- Free Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Close support throughout the duration of the contract.
If this sounds like you, APPLY now or send your CV (Word doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
However, if this isn’t the right role for you but you are looking for a change, please get in touch with us for a discussion on how we can help.
Vacancy #: 118139