Our client is a large, listed New Zealand corporate, headquartered in central Auckland.
In order to cover an internal secondment for a period of 6 months, an opportunity has become available for an experienced risk professional to join a dedicated team and play an influential role in developing risk culture across the business.
Key duties will involve:
- Build risk culture and embed new ERM framework across business
- Manage Risk Champions Network and support risk and improvement committee quarterly meetings
- Training in and development of new Microsoft List ERM System
- Create bi-monthly updates for Board Sustainability & Risk Committee
- Ensure delivery of Control Measure projects
- Work with BUs to support delivery of key control measure projects. These will align with the internal audit schedule and are likely to include: Emergency response / preparedness across all branches and sites, and supply chain with focus on modern slavery
- Shift focus from risk to opportunities for improvement
- Work with risk champions to identify operational improvement to avoid, mitigate and minimise risks
- Ensure we are addressing root causes
- Start identifying risk and opportunity appetite in different BUs
Candidates for this role will likely come from a background in similar risk or assurance-focused positions, with experience of developing and having an influence on the culture of risk. You’ll take a proactive approach and be adept at building positive relationships at all levels of an organisation.
For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Beyond Recruitment on 021 587 360.
REF # 112721