We are looking for a Business Partner with a strong media focus to backfill a Senior Business Partner Communications position for 12 months. This is a fixed term position at a government organisation to cover a Secondment.
The Senior Business Partner, Communications Accounts will be providing an end-to-end strategic communications and stakeholder engagement service. It spans account management, integrated communications services and trusted expertise, all of which build good relationships and supports the organisation to be successful as a team.
Key accountabilities of the position include:
- Ensuring media responses are positive, timely and co-ordinated across the business. This may include some out of hours work, which would be negotiated and agreed.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, business partner and influencer to business group leaders to ensure communication strategies are effective and risks and opportunities are well managed.
- Identifying opportunities for the organisation to build its reputation, leading a proactive approach to good news stories while at the same time identifying and mitigating reputational risks.
- Providing integrated strategic communications expertise and account management services for specific parts of the organisation.
- Working in partnership with Māori to incorporate Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership principles as part of our everyday organisation communications, strategies and channels.
- Supporting innovation and continuous improvement across the team.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in media, communications and/or public relations.
- Aknowledgeable, calm, positive and proactive approach to stakeholder engagement.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Confidence working under pressure with competing deadlines and priorities.
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like further information please contact Rebecca Berney at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing # 112258 or click the APPLY NOW button