I have a client who is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join them as we grow our customer-facing Cloud Engineering team. This role is a great opportunity to showcase and share your current skills, learn new ones, as well as embed yourself amongst our wider Engineering team, their practices and ethos.
Paying a competitive salary up to $145,000 per annum, this organisation also offers a host of other benefits including flexible working, a paid day off on your birthday, health insurance and access to paid certifications. On top of that, this role can be based in Wellington, Auckland or 100% remote!
You’ll be mostly working on public cloud customer projects, be it new builds or modernisation efforts, and usually more than one at a time. You’ll be responsible for cloud platform, infrastructure, and engineering during the project phase, as well as providing an escalation point for our Customer Success team.
You’ll be working on leading edge tech like Kubernetes and containers, migrating, refactoring and rearchitecting existing workloads for the cloud and crafting app and infrastructure continuous integration and delivery workflows – just to name a few!
What we’re looking for:
- Hands on experience of containers and orchestration, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with public cloud platforms, e.g. Azure, AWS
- Working knowledge of modern web app patterns and implementations
- Infrastructure-as-Code experience, e.g. ARM Templates, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Scripting and automation skills, e.g. PowerShell, Bash
- Networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, TLS
- Experience with source control and CI/CD tooling, e.g. Git, GitHub, VS Code, Azure DevOps
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring telemetry and alerting
- Fundamental knowledge of public cloud security patterns and practices, e.g. IAM
- Working knowledge of hybrid cloud connectivity, e.g. ExpressRoute, Site-to-Site
- Working knowledge of database technologies, e.g. MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cosmos
- Implementation, operational management and support of Windows and Linux systems
If this sounds like you, get in touch NOW to start the conversation.
REF # 112345