About the company and team:
Working for a large Ministry, the Information Technology group provides the information, infrastructure and support.
The ICT Project Services Team of Project Managers and Coordinators, supported by the Project Office, takes pride in its strong delivery commitment and the high standard of work it achieves. We have an exciting programme of projects for the next few years and there will be lots of opportunities to work with a variety of project teams that will deliver some real change and innovation for both the Ministry and the Sector.
About this role:
The Senior Project Manager will be assigned to provide support to business owners in the delivery of specified projects. You will plan and lead complex multiple projects to successfully deliver and integrate defined outputs within scope, budget and timeframes, to customer and stakeholder satisfaction, set out in the Ministry's Change Delivery Framework.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Professional Project Management qualification;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large scale and diverse projects with multiple stakeholders to time and budget;
- Communication, business change management and information management.
- MS Project skills and experience in using it to manage projects; and
You will also offer:
- Knowledge and experience of the machinery of Government and the public sector;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse group of contacts;
- Ability to hold a tight line in order to prevent scope creep, and to deliver to deadlines;
- Good financial management skills.
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience leading a team or project;
- Good understanding of governance of project management.
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now!
Job Ref: 111595
Beyond Recruitment Technology, Transformation & Digital connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.