The Finance Business Partner is responsible for the provision of trusted, insightful and comprehensive financial advice with the primary aim of contributing to the delivery of strategically driven outcomes in accordance with the strategic plan. This includes providing sound strategic analysis and options, informing and influencing decision making and presenting analysis to assess, support or challenge key decisions.
The Finance Business Partner will work with the Senior Leadership Team members in their portfolio and their management team to identify, monitor, and manage financial risks.
The Finance Business Partner will build, develop, and maintain a wide network of relationships across the University and act as a conduit between relevant areas on behalf of their portfolio.
The Finance Business Partner will leverage their relationship management skills, expert management accounting knowledge and experience, financial analysis, budgeting and financial reporting, business case preparation experience, and business efficiency and process improvement knowledge and analytical skills to deliver quality advice and solutions for their portfolio.
- Appropriate Tertiary qualification and membership of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (or equivalent professional accounting body)
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical and evaluative skills, commercial acumen incorporating problem solving, decision-making and creative thinking at a senior level
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of management accounting, business performance management and financial management principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships within team and across business to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven ability to realise significant change in an environment that has complex stakeholder requirements
- A passion to combine the highest levels of professional accounting with the delivery of quality solutions to meet commercial objectives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to suit experts and non-financial audiences
- High level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing and data management software including Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Apply via the link provided, or give Peter Campbell a call on (04) 494 7091 for a confidential discussion
Job Ref: 100863