About the role:
This is a new role in the organisation developed to support the delivery of new regulatory technology platform called EMPIC-EAP. The Test Manager will develop a small team of Test Analysts and work with third-party service providers to provide testing quality assurance as part of the implementation of EMPIC-EAP into the Authority.
EMPIC-EAP is a COTS application designed specifically for aviation regulators world-wide. EMPIC-EAP is modular fully configurable software system at the core of all our regulatory business functions, to enable the work that we do every day to keep New Zealand skies safe and secure.
Benefits & Salary:
- Fixed Term Contract till June 2024
- Very Flexible
- $155,000 - $165,000
- Develop, manage, and own the implementation of the test strategy for the main and inter-related projects.
- Manage the implementation and adherence of testing methods and standards.
- Ensure that testing requirements are scoped, planned, and managed effectively.
- Ensure that change is delivered into production in accordance with agreed standards.
- Develop all project stage test plans, including test plans for infrastructure and performance.
- Ensure that the test environment requirements are clearly documented and agreed.
- Recording, triaging, and management of defects raised from testing.
- Produce metrics to measure testing quality and progress.
- Highlight risks, issues, and assumptions identified during test planning and during test design or execution and communicate them to the Project Manager.
Skills & Experience:
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of software testing - testing techniques used to plan and execute tests (functional and non-functional) to verify that the change satisfies specified requirements and to detect errors. Ability to generate test strategies and test plans.
- Proficient in Test Management techniques - principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of the testing process and the execution of tests throughout the lifecycle of development projects.
- Proven stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with clients at all levels of an organisation. This includes having a strong track record of dealing with Senior Leadership Teams which include non-IT people.
- Strong Project Test leadership skills, with the ability to foresee potential issues, and put in place mitigation strategies to reduce the likelihood of the issue impacting the project.
- Strong Quality Assurance and Testing industry knowledge. Knowledge of and experience with test tools. Able to estimate timeframes and deliver to them in project setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure environments.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to lead and guide teams focused on outcomes and quality results.
- Tertiary qualification in technology preferable.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more you can email me Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 702 961.
REF # 113817